Getting Irate So That You Don't Have To

Getting Irate So That You Don't Have To

Sunday 6 January 2008

Exciting Meteorological News

As well as being an expert in political analysis, a cricket fanatic, a fantastic dad and the world's leading football coach (took charge of my son's team today and we beat the league leaders !) Womble On Tour also records rainfall.

It's a simple hobby which my dad got me into. It involves sticking a rain gauge in the back garden, reading the accumulated rainfall at approximately the same time each day, and writing it down somewhere.

I can therefore exclusively reveal that in Womble On Tour-land we had 922 mms in 2007 (83.5 in December). This makes it the sixth wettest of the nine years I've recorded. The average each year so far has been 946 mms. We had 132 wet days last year (average 142).

PS This post has been read in mid-creation by Mrs Womble On Tour, who points out that in addition to all the above qualities, I am the world's luckiest husband with the planet's most tolerant wife. Quite.

1 comment:

Shades said...

I read this post and immediately thought of the character John Shuttleworth (a.k.a. Graham Fellows) driving up to the Lady Bower reservoir to check the levels.