Getting Irate So That You Don't Have To

Getting Irate So That You Don't Have To

Friday 26 December 2008

Christmas Empathy

I was spoiled rotten with presents yesterday, we had a relaxing day, my stomach is full. Tomorrow we're setting off on a short break. We are fit and healthy and have some money in the bank. And Wimbledon are 3-0 up.

I'm not a fan of Christmas, in fact can say with conviction that I hate it. But it is, among other things, a time to be grateful for what you have. And I have a great deal.

So, to all those who for whom Christmas has been anything but special, the Womble sends his best wishes. To the parents of baby Faith, who has died three weeks after her sister, to the parents of the British soldier killed in Afghanistan on Christmas Eve, and to those, like the lovely Nutty Cow, for whom Christmas has meant family strife and let-down, the Womble sends his heartfelt sympathy and support. You all deserve better, and I hope that the New Year might bring it.

No comments: