Getting Irate So That You Don't Have To

Getting Irate So That You Don't Have To

Tuesday 9 December 2008

NHS Joke

A friend has just sent me this.

60 yrs of the NHS

A lady rings her local hospital and this conversation follows:

Lady: Hello. I'd like some information on a patient, Mrs Tiptree. She was admitted last week with chest pains and I just want to know how she is.

Receptionist: Do you know which ward she's in?

Lady: Yes, Nelson Mandela Ward, room 2B.

Receptionist: I'll just put you through to the nurse station

Nurse: Hello, Nelson Mandela Ward, how can I help?

Lady: I would just like some information on a patient, Mrs Tiptree. I was wondering if her condition had deteriorated, stabilised or improved?

Nurse: I'll just check her notes........I'm pleased to say that Mrs Tiptree's conditioned has improved. She has regained her appetite, her temperature has steadied and after some routine checks tonight, she should be well enough to go home tomorrow.

Lady: Oh that's wonderful news, I'm so happy, thank you ever so much!

Nurse: You seem very relieved, are you a close friend or relative?

Lady: No, I'm Mrs Tiptree in room 2b. No bugger tells you anything in here !

No comments: