Getting Irate So That You Don't Have To

Getting Irate So That You Don't Have To

Thursday 27 December 2007

I Want, I Want, I Want

Shades has tagged me to announce eight wishes for 2008. In the spirit of recent threads on this meme, I’ve put my estimate of the odds of them actually happening alongside each one.

1. A massive and decisive upsurge of support for an independent England – 1,000/1

2. Successful launch for the Libertarian Party, followed by a surge in support and membership – 20/1

3. Lots of rain (that means over 1000 mms in Womble-On-Tour-Land) but none of it while I’m trying to watch cricket – 10/1

4. For one government minister (any of them, I don’t care who) to take full personal responsibility for one of the many cock-ups they will bestow upon us during the year, to stand up and say something along the lines of “I’m really sorry, this is a monumental failure, it shouldn't have happened, and it’s down to me”, and to resign as a result. In other words, a member of Gordon Brown’s government to display honesty, integrity, bravery, accountability and decency – 1,000,000/1

5. To remain a close a loving dad to my two indescribably wonderful children, who will be 12 in October, and to be someone they feel they can turn to whenever their lives become difficult or complicated - ??? (who knows how children’s minds are going to work – all I can do is try to be there for them)

6. To find out what the hell an IIS server is and what it does – 2/1 on; I’m determined.

7. Wimbledon to get promoted - it’s a Womble on Tour Prediction, so, on current form, 2/1

8. If we must carry on putting up with this utterly atrocious government, The Devine Harriet to become Prime Minister - 200/1

I’m now supposed to tag five more people to do the same thing. Pretty pointless exercise, methinks, seeing as I can’t think of five people who will have actually read this blog by the start of 2009, never mind 2008. Even more so to find some who haven’t already been tagged. But still, here goes, Man In A Shed, Prodicus, Sepoy Agent, Bug’s Blog, A Huddersfield Town Fan

I think I might follow this up with eight New Year's resolutions...

1 comment:

Shades said...

Not enought zeros in number four...