Getting Irate So That You Don't Have To

Getting Irate So That You Don't Have To

Thursday 28 February 2008

Dirty Harry

I must say I'm no big fan of the Royal Family, and I haven't got a clue what we're trying to achieve in Afghanistan (has anyone ?)

But I was pleased for Prince Harry when I heard the news that he's been allowed to go out there and do what he's actually supposed to be doing in his role as a British Army officer.

I was amused when he said in a BBC interview "I haven't really had a shower for four days, I haven't washed my clothes for a week. It's very nice to be sort of a normal person for once". I don't know what he thinks we "normal" people are like !

I hope he gets on alright out there and that front-line army life turns out to give him the experience he was after. It seemed a nonsense to me when the Army refused to let him go to Iraq last year. And now that the news is out, I fervently hope that the Army doesn't see fit to bring him back.

1 comment:

nuttycow said...

I agreed with you right up until your last sentence. I have a lot of time for Harry. And yet again, we're online at the same time. Spooky :D